|Multilingual||The section of the forum of Georgian Wikipedia.|
For those, who don't speak Georgian.
|The multilingual section of the forum is used to discuss any issues by/for them, who don't speak Georgian.
- 1 Invitation to Wikimedia CEE Spring 2017
- 2 Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
- 3 Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
- 4 We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)
- 5 Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections
- 6 Read-only mode for 20 to 30 minutes on 19 April and 3 May
- 7 Wikidata description editing in the Wikipedia Android app
- 8 New Page previews feature
- 9 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2017)
- 10 Voting has begun in 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections
- 11 Beta Feature Two Column Edit Conflict View
- 12 Editing News #1—2017
- 13 Prototype for editing Wikidata infoboxes on Wikipedia
- 14 RevisionSlider
- 15 Join the next cycle of Wikimedia movement strategy discussions (underway until June 12)
- 16 Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Funds Dissemination Committee elections
- 17 Accessible editing buttons
- 18 Help in Translation
- 19 Page Previews (Hovercards) update
- 20 Photo of Olympic Palace in Tbilisi
- 21 RfC regarding "Interlinking of accounts involved with paid editing to decrease impersonation"
- 22 Discussion on synced reading lists
- 23 CentralNotice banner for Wikimedia Conference Russia 2017 (Oct.14-15)
- 24 New print to pdf feature for mobile web readers
- 25 Call for Wikimania 2018 Scholarships
- 26 User group for Military Historians
Invitation to Wikimedia CEE Spring 2017[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
Dear Georgian community,
Last year your community participated at CEE Spring in Georgia and we invite you to participate in this year's contest! Local organisers, please subscribe to the mailing list at https://lists.wikimedia.bg/mailman/listinfo/ceespring-localorganisers, add your community at the Meta page with the participants and discuss this year's edition of the contest on its talk page (Talk:Wikimedia CEE Spring 2017/Participants). There you will also find information on some of the things expected from the local organisers. We are looking forward to reading from you soon!
Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. Message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
The Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. For 15 years, Wikimedians have worked together to build the largest free knowledge resource in human history. During this time, we've grown from a small group of editors to a diverse network of editors, developers, affiliates, readers, donors, and partners. Today, we are more than a group of websites. We are a movement rooted in values and a powerful vision: all knowledge for all people. As a movement, we have an opportunity to decide where we go from here.
This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve. We hope to design an inclusive process that makes space for everyone: editors, community leaders, affiliates, developers, readers, donors, technology platforms, institutional partners, and people we have yet to reach. There will be multiple ways to participate including on-wiki, in private spaces, and in-person meetings. You are warmly invited to join and make your voice heard.
The immediate goal is to have a strategic direction by Wikimania 2017 to help frame a discussion on how we work together toward that strategic direction.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Beginning with this message, monthly reviews of these updates will be sent to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a review of the updates that have been sent so far:
- Update 1 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (15 December 2016)
- Introduction to process and information about budget spending resolution to support it
- Update 2 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (23 December 2016)
- Start of search for Lead Architect for movement strategy process
- Update 3 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (8 January 2017)
- Plans for strategy sessions at upcoming Wikimedia Conference 2017
- Update 4 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (11 January 2017)
- Introduction of williamsworks
- Update 5 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 February 2017)
- The core movement strategy team, team tracks being developed, introduction of the Community Process Steering Committee, discussions at WikiIndaba conference 2017 and the Wikimedia movement affiliates executive directors gathering in Switzerland
- Update 6 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (10 February 2017)
- Tracks A & B process prototypes and providing feedback, updates on development of all four Tracks
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
As we mentioned last month, the Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Each month, we are sending overviews of these updates to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a overview of the updates that have been sent since our message last month:
- Update 7 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (16 February 2017)
- Development of documentation for Tracks A & B
- Update 8 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (24 February 2017)
- Introduction of Track Leads for all four audience tracks
- Update 9 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 March 2017)
- Seeking feedback on documents being used to help facilitate upcoming community discussions
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
05:09, 18 მარტი 2017 (UTC)
Please accept our apologies for cross-posting this message. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, I am pleased to announce that self-nominations are being accepted for the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Elections.
The Board of Trustees (Board) is the decision-making body that is ultimately responsible for the long-term sustainability of the Wikimedia Foundation, so we value wide input into its selection. More information about this role can be found on Meta-Wiki. Please read the letter from the Board of Trustees calling for candidates.
The candidacy submission phase will last from April 7 (00:00 UTC) to April 20 (23:59 UTC).
We will also be accepting questions to ask the candidates from April 7 to April 20. You can submit your questions on Meta-Wiki.
Once the questions submission period has ended on April 20, the Elections Committee will then collate the questions for the candidates to respond to beginning on April 21.
The goal of this process is to fill the three community-selected seats on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. The election results will be used by the Board itself to select its new members.
The full schedule for the Board elections is as follows. All dates are inclusive, that is, from the beginning of the first day (UTC) to the end of the last.
- April 7 (00:00 UTC) – April 20 (23:59 UTC) – Board nominations
- April 7 – April 20 – Board candidates questions submission period
- April 21 – April 30 – Board candidates answer questions
- May 1 – May 14 – Board voting period
- May 15–19 – Board vote checking
- May 20 – Board result announcement goal
In addition to the Board elections, we will also soon be holding elections for the following roles:
- Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC)
- There are five positions being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.
- Funds Dissemination Committee Ombudsperson (Ombuds)
- One position is being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.
Please note that this year the Board of Trustees elections will be held before the FDC and Ombuds elections. Candidates who are not elected to the Board are explicitly permitted and encouraged to submit themselves as candidates to the FDC or Ombuds positions after the results of the Board elections are announced.
More information on this year's elections can be found on Meta-Wiki. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the election talk page on Meta-Wiki, or sent to the election committee's mailing list, board-electionswikimedia.org.MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, 03:36, 7 აპრილი 2017 (UTC) • Please help translate to your language • Get help
Read-only mode for 20 to 30 minutes on 19 April and 3 May[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
Wikidata description editing in the Wikipedia Android app[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
Wikidata description editing is a new experiment being rolled out on the Wikipedia app for Android. While this primarily impacts Wikidata, the changes are also addressing a concern about the mobile versions of Wikipedia, so that mobile users will be able to edit directly the descriptions shown under the title of the page and in the search results.
We began by rolling out this feature several weeks ago to a pilot group of Wikipedias (Russian, Hebrew, and Catalan), and have seen very positive results including numerous quality contributions in the form of new and updated descriptions, and a low rate of vandalism.
We are now ready for the next phase of rolling out this feature, which is to enable it in a few days for all Wikipedias except the top ten by usage within the app (i.e. except English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Turkish, and Chinese). We will enable the feature for those languages instead at some point in the future, as we closely monitor user engagement with our expanded set of pilot communities. As always, if have any concerns, please reach out to us on wiki at the talk page for this project or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
-DBrant (WMF) 08:41, 14 აპრილი 2017 (UTC)
New Page previews feature[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2017)[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- American Psychiatric Association – Psychiatry books and journals
- Bloomsbury – Who's Who, Drama Online, Berg Fashion Library, and Whitaker's
- Gaudeamus – Finnish humanities and social sciences
- Ympäristö-lehti – The Finnish Environment Institute's Ympäristö-lehti magazine
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 18:52, 2 მაისი 2017 (UTC)
19:14, 3 მაისი 2017 (UTC)
Beta Feature Two Column Edit Conflict View[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:41, 8 მაისი 2017 (UTC)
Editing News #1—2017[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
18:05, 12 მაისი 2017 (UTC)
Prototype for editing Wikidata infoboxes on Wikipedia[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
I’m sorry for writing in English. It’d be great if someone could translate this message if necessary.
One of the most requested features for Wikidata is to enable editing of Wikidata’s data directly from Wikipedia, so the editors can continue their workflow without switching websites.
The Wikidata development team has been working on a tool to achieve this goal: fill and edit the Wikipedia infoboxes with information from Wikidata, directly on Wikipedia, via the Visual Editor.
We already asked for feedback in 2015, and collected some interesting ideas which we shared with you in this thesis. Now we would like to present to you our first prototype and collect your feedback, in order to improve and continue the development of this feature.
We present this work to you very early, so we can include your feedback before and all along the development. You are the core users of this feature, so we want to make sure that it fits your needs and editing processes.
You will find the prototype, description of the features, and a demo video, on this page. Feel free to add any comment or feedback on the talk page. The page is currently not translated in every languages, but you can add your contribution by helping to translate it.
Unfortunately, I won’t be able to follow all the discussions on Wikipedia, so if you want to be sure that your feedback is read, please add it on the Wikidata page, in your favorite language. Thanks for your understanding.
Thanks, Lea Lacroix (WMDE)
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:44, 16 მაისი 2017 (UTC)
Join the next cycle of Wikimedia movement strategy discussions (underway until June 12)[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
21:08, 16 მაისი 2017 (UTC)
21:05, 23 მაისი 2017 (UTC)
Help in Translation[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
(Sorry for writing in English)
I am editor from Bosnian wiki, and I would like someone from this wiki to translate page about Sarajevo Film Festival (SFF) and related pages to Georgian language. I really appreciate that you already have main article about SFF, but it is outdated and have only two short paragraphs. Below are all SFF related articles that you can translate from English or Bosnian, but the main article and the award article are the most important. If you need any help or have any questions, please contact me or tag me below.
Page Previews (Hovercards) update[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
Photo of Olympic Palace in Tbilisi[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
- English: Hello, dear Georgian Wikipedians. Is it anyone can take a picture of Olympic Palace (ოლიმპიური სასახლე) in University Street of Tbilisi and upload it on Commons? Thanks for help! Link to that place: https://goo.gl/maps/B157QZ7mUFT2.
- Russian: Привет из русской Википедии. Кто-нибудь может сфотографировать Олимпийский дворец (ოლიმპიური სასახლე) по улице Университетской в Тбилиси? Плюс загрузить фото на Викисклад. Заранее спасибо! Ссылка на место выше. Alex Great განხილვაწვლილი 12:37, 13 აგვისტო 2017 (UTC)
There is currently a RfC open on Meta regarding "requiring those involved with paid editing on Wikipedia to link on their user page to all other active accounts through which they advertise paid Wikipedia editing business."
Note this is to apply to Wikipedia and not necessarily other sister projects, this is only to apply to websites where people are specifically advertising that they will edit Wikipedia for pay and not any other personal, professional, or social media accounts a person may have.
Discussion on synced reading lists[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
- EN: Dear colleagues, please comment on CentralNotice banner proposal for Wikimedia Conference Russia 2017 announcement (Russian globally + others for readers from Russia). Thank you.
- RU: Уважаемые коллеги, пожалуйста выскажите своё мнение по поводу баннерной кампании CentralNotice для объявления о Российской Викимедиа конференции 2017 (русская вики глобально + для разных вики из России). Спасибо.
- TR: Değerli meslektaşlarım, lütfen Wikimedia Konferansı Rusya 2017 duyurusu için CentralNotice banner önerisi üzerine yorum yapın: (Rusçası küre boyunca, başkalar – Rusya'dan okuyanlara gösterilecek). Teşekkür ederim.--Frhdkazan განხილვაწვლილი 17:01, 27 სექტემბერი 2017 (UTC)
New print to pdf feature for mobile web readers[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
Call for Wikimania 2018 Scholarships[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
We wanted to inform you that scholarship applications for Wikimania 2018 which is being held in Cape Town, South Africa on July 18–22, 2018 are now being accepted. Applications are open until Monday, 22 January 2018 23:59 UTC.
Applicants will be able to apply for a partial or full scholarship. A full scholarship will cover the cost of an individual's round-trip travel, shared accommodation, and conference registration fees as arranged by the Wikimedia Foundation. A partial scholarship will cover conference registration fees and shared accommodation. Applicants will be rated using a pre-determined selection process and selection criteria established by the Scholarship Committee and the Wikimedia Foundation, who will determine which applications are successful. To learn more about Wikimania 2018 scholarships, please visit: wm2018:Scholarships.
To apply for a scholarship, fill out the multi-language application form on: https://scholarships.wikimedia.org/apply
It is highly recommended that applicants review all the material on the Scholarships page and the associated FAQ before submitting an application. If you have any questions, please contact: wikimania-scholarships at wikimedia.org or leave a message at: wm2018:Talk:Scholarships. Please help us spread the word and translate pages!
User group for Military Historians[წყაროს რედაქტირება]
"Military history" is one of the most important subjects when speak of sum of all human knowledge. To support contributors interested in the area over various language Wikipedias, we intend to form a user group. It also provides a platform to share the best practices between military historians, and various military related projects on Wikipedias. An initial discussion was has been done between the coordinators and members of WikiProject Military History on English Wikipedia. Now this discussion has been taken to Meta-Wiki. Contributors intrested in the area of military history are requested to share their feedback and give suggestions at Talk:Discussion to incubate a user group for Wikipedia Military Historians.