Jump to navigation Jump to search
— G-Bot 16:13, 22 მარტი 2010 (UTC)
Can anyone tell how does the authorship of an article change when someone else puts minor edits to it? Half of my articles I translated now have someone else's name. Not that i care much, but it's not decent. a.
- Hi, Alsandro. I hope that I understood your question correctly. Wikipedia is a "free" encyclopedia that anyone can edit. So no one can claim any article for him/herself. Anyway, you can see the editing history of an article in "ისტორია" and it is clear there which part of an article is whose contribution. -- Island 13:28, 13 ოქტომბერი 2005 (UTC)
- Thanks for response. Looks like a confusion on my part. There must be a bug with Safari I'm working from - editing tools don't show and it logs me out when I actually start writing an article, and then it does not save, etc.. so some of the articles I created (e.g. მოსკოვი, რომი) have my ip addresses instead. Any advice on that? I do appreciate, however, that someone takes time to look over it and fix links, insert photos, etc, which I'm not yet proficient enough to do myself. Great job. მომხმარებელი:alsandro
- Hi again, Alsandro. Have you solved the problem? I think, the problem has something to do with your cookie or browser cache settings. You should make cookies available in the configuration of Safari (though I don't use Safari and I'm not sure how it can be done in it). Take a look at some help pages of English Wikipedia:
- Island 17:17, 14 ოქტომბერი 2005 (UTC)
- Hi, Island. I haven't tried that, instead, I installed firefox's browser and am working from it now. From next week I'll have more time to research on technicalities though. Alsandro PS: how do I put the date?
- Alsandro, just type ~~~~ instead of your name. Cheers, User:Malafaya
- Thanks. Now, when I enter annual events by date, could those dates simultaneously appear in the respective days' sections w/o manually retyping the information? Also, I noticed Georgian format in the chronology of events differs from that of English (Year : event - description vs. Year - event, description). Is this Georgian specific? Alsandro 02:24, 15 ოქტომბერი 2005 (UTC)
- Hi. We have no such an automatic program unfortunately, so we have to type manually each piece of information in articles of both years and dates. As for your second question, I have never paid any good attention to that point. Though there is no rule that we should conform to the style of the English Wikipedia, if you prefer its style, let's talk over that subject on the tee-room page so that every wikipedian can join the discussion. -- Island 12:39, 16 ოქტომბერი 2005 (UTC)